Not always poetry, not always good, not always there.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update

Sorry for the lack of poetic non-poetry the last few days. I'm in a bit of a verbal rut, with too much on my mind to focus any of it into a creative form. So anyway, I'll just post a bit of news.

Tomorrow I'm taking a road trip with my best friend Victor down to our home town to visit out respective families. I'll be down there at least until the 20th (figured it would be nice to actually see my dad on Father's Day). I'll be running around quite a bit for the whole week, visiting some of my seldom-seen friends, spending the 16th with one of my other best friends, Eman, for his birthday, going to the dentist for the first time in over a year (oh shit help me), and finally getting my hair cut (I look like a palm tree).

In short, it's unlikely I'll be posting anything for the next week or so. But then again, I might be so homesick and missing my roommate/other best friend Crestal (I have four best friends, btw), that lightening may strike. Who knows.

Anyway, after I get back, I've got about a month before I have to move out of my apartment. Victor and I and another of his friends are getting an apartment together in Oakland. I'll be sad to leave San Francisco, but it's a step in completing my dream to live with all four of my best friends at some point in my life. And besides, Oakland is a much cheaper place to live than the city, and it's a veritable housing goldmine at the moment. We haven't picked a place yet, but that will be the easy part. The hard part will be timing everything right, so I'm not homeless between places. The homelessness itself doesn't bother me (I have places I could stay), but I do need a place for my stuff... sooooo...

Anyway, I've bored you enough.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your trip and move! And love the fact that you have 4 best friends. Doesn't surprise me a bit...

    xo Barbara

    ReplyDelete