Not always poetry, not always good, not always there.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Birth

Here's a fresh poem, something I wrote just a few minutes ago. I drew inspiration from a Star+Gate reading (it's a little like Tarot) I did at a friend's house last weekend. I found it rather insightful. In this poem I used the images in my "where you came from" section: the egg, the harp, and the star of reaching.

Birth


An egg lies beneath a barren sky

A silvery presence in the night

A pearl, and at its center a grain of life withheld

Like a seed beneath the soil

Unknowing, and unbeknownst

Sheltered from the cruel and mirthless world of night

Silence envelopes it, waiting to be broken

Suddenly, a single star breathes light into the sky

The silence and the shell are splintered

And the egg overflows with life

As the star emerges, so does the creature

The star takes the shape of a hand

And in the hand of the creature, a harp

Music quivers in the frozen air

And there, beneath the star of reaching

With my gift already in hand

I am born


—Adrienne McKay 2010

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your poetry! That's a really unique way to combine those things. You really do have a gift for writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I really appreciate all your comments.

    ReplyDelete