Not always poetry, not always good, not always there.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Untitled

Just posting so this blog doesn't die. I haven't been able to write much lately. There's too much going on (in my head) to really focus my words. I'm in more of a visual art mood these days. Here's an untitled fragment I wrote while staying at my parents' house. It's another one of those wannabe-song poems, so it rhymes. I feel awkward writing in rhyme. I'm more likely to say something that rhymes than to write it. But it's all I've written in the last two weeks.


Swallowing pieces of pain to forget
Making confessions I always regret
Seeing the sunlight and wishing for rain
Trying to lose you then find you again
Asking for freedom from being alone
Hoping to lose myself on my way home
I see in the mirror I'm no longer sane
All as I swallow, swallow the pain


—Adrienne McKay 2010

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. And beautiful poem. Strangely, I usually poem in rhyme, even if I don't want to -- but it does make for great lyrics. Now you just need your musician...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. If you know any musicians who need lyricists, hook me up, lol.

    ReplyDelete